Las Ventas Bullring was built in 1929 on the land called Las Ventas del Espíritu Santo, to which it owes its name. It is the largest bullring in Spain, with a total area of 45,800 square meters and capacity for 23,797 people. Its ring, with a diameter of 60 meters is also one of the largest in the world, after the bullring in Ronda. Las Ventas is the third Bullring with more capacity in the world after the Monumental of Mexico and the Bullring in Valencia (Venezuela), and is considered by professionals, amateurs and critics as the most important in the world.
Las Ventas Bullring, also known as The Chair of the Winds, is located in one of the windiest terrains of the city of Madrid, right in the neighborhood of La Guindalera, in the central district of Salamanca.