The February 2023 issue of the prestigious Vanity Fair magazine, The Icon Issue, honors the international artist Madonna on the 40th anniversary of her career. This is the first European Icon Issue, with editions in Spain, Italy and France.
This annual initiative includes not only the special issue of Vanity Fair, but an exhibition, a short film, a collaboration between fashion, art and design, and an urban art performance.
As the first protagonist, Vanity Fair wanted to have Madonna, a world icon for more than four decades, portrayed here by the photographers Luigi & Iango, with some photographs that express the values of the singer’s artistic and iconographic career, especially his defense of diversity.
In the photos, Madonna wears designs by John Galliano for Maison Margiela, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana and Jean Paul Gaultier, among others, under the fashion direction of her regular collaborator, Los Angeles-based Swedish stylist B. Åkerlund.
In addition, in one of the photographs she is portrayed suspended on a rope and surrounded by “Bullfighters” with claws and a threatening air, symbolizing in her own words “her constant fight against patriarchy.”
The bullfighting costumes and accessories of the bullfighters surrounding Madonna are from Toroshopping, made in Carlos Galván’s bullfighting tailor shop in Madrid.
Among them, we highlight:
- The aubergine-colored bullfighting costume with very special silver embroideries reminiscent of the aubergine flower. It is in very good condition and has a price of €1,650.00
- The tobacco-colored bullfighter costume with complex silver-colored embroidery. A plus size suit, ideal for someone about 1.85 m and 80-85 kg, for a price of €1,400.00
We have a wide variety of second-hand bullfighter costumes, for rent or for purchase, and are specialists in designing and making custom-made bullfighter costumes or jackets for artists, operas, or for a special event.
You can also buy in our store all kinds of accessories such as:
- pink bullfighter stockings
- bullfighter shoes from size EU 38 to size 44
- bullfighter shirts
- bowtie and cummerbund of various colors
- the montera, the typical black hat of bullfighters.
- bullfighter capes, in fuchsia and yellow or red colour.